Saturday, May 17, 2014

I Dedicate This Post To......

Two more weeks till school is out! And this is my last required blog post! Should I keep posting? I doubt anyone will actually read it, & the million dollar question is: Can I actually remember to post?
Eh, maybe if I had an attentive audience that gives me feedback, or acknowledgement; that kind of jazz. Well onto the important stuff.

I sit upon the couch, typing and remembering. Thinking about how nervous I had been when faced with the prospect of writing a blog. What was I to blog about? I had limited options as I didn't want to seem too mainstream and post photography, how to cook, etc. Yet, upon reflection, I never really did live up to what I thought I was going to blog about. So I apologize with the utmost sincerity.

Well onto the dedication part.
Sorry for the craptastic image quality(it's even upside down)
So I don't think you can really tell, but there is a bike in the white cement, and just random color everywhere else. And yes I do have a background for this. These paint splurges are courtesy of my neighbor, who tends to do everything on his own, as opposed to going out and buying the stuff. The entire family is like that, and I think it's amazing and commend them for that. So since they're moving, I decided to dedicate this one last post to them. I think they are amazing people, and they have helped my family out multiple times. I doubt any of them will read this blog (which is probably a good thing) but I would like to thank them for being the best neighbors, and most phenomenal people I know! So thank you!!!

PEACE

LOVE

HONEST

There was yet another tile that graces the stone pathway in my frontyard that I believe says humor. However, the quality wasn't the best so I decided not to post yet another picture that was hard to decipher. I hope none of you decipher this as mainstream; considering everything that people depict says "Peace, Love, Smile, Hope" etc.  I find all of these words, concepts, to be the basis of humanity. Yet I find that no one really upholds them. Well everyone does to a certain degree, yet they take it to far. People stress the meaning of these words to a point that all there saying is: I'm the one keeping the peace, give everyone hope, smile no matter what comes your way...and so on and so forth.

Yet people also stress the down side of life as well
Photo Credits
People tend to make things larger than life, always emphasizing something in some way. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I had to speak my mind. So to the numerous people who do this, please calm yourself. And I should take my own advice as well so as not to appear as a hypocrite.
I want that sticker
So on my way to orchestra class one day, I happened to walk through the junior parking lot and stumbled across this car. If you look at the bottom right corner of the window, you will see the sign for The Deathly Hallows! That's pretty dang shnazzy if you ask me!
Photo Credits
And of course, we must have the connotation for The Deathly Hallows. 

Yeah, I think I should maybe give you a heads up: I'm totally splurging on this blog because it is most likely the last post I will ever write, unless people say otherwise. But, whatever, I actually had a good time writing some of these posts. Albeit, it took me a while to get into the groove of finding topics to write about.
Reading Statues
So as I was on my way to see the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit at the Leonardo Museum, I walked through a park that was filled with statues depicting activities that children commonly perform outside. There were also some depicting children performing cartwheels, riding bicycles, etc. However, this was probably the best picture I took. It kind of reminds me of my 2nd or 3rd blog post -  Fountain Art - so yeah, throwback to way back then.
Tangled Symbol?
So anyone else have to go to family reunions on occasion? Yeah, well we do this birthday celebrating thing every 2 months, or whenever there is a holiday such as Mother's Day, Father's Day, Easter, etc. Well, me and two of my cousins ended up dedicating our entire time to drawing with chalk. This was one of my creations, the center are the "helicopter" seeds. You know them; as kid you most likely threw them up and into the air, watching them pinwheel downwards. I know I did for sure. These seeds  were littered across the sidewalk, and I created this. Kind of reminds me of the sun-flower from Tangled.
Just another image to commemorate the day
Yeah, I ended up coloring my shoes with chalk.

Well, there isn't much else to say. Well, I guess I could throw in one last dedication to a pretty good ski year....yeah sure why not?
 Skis on Chairlift
A collection of chairlift moments
Thought this was a pretty cool picture
Obviously as seen in the above picture, we were running out of snow. So this is most likely from March or something.
A bit earlier in the ski season, when there was snow
So my ski poles placed oh so majestically into the powder as I took a moment to observe my surroundings. The run I had skied was a black I think, maybe double. I can't remember. I do remember the fact that the snow was great, and I continued to ski that run for the rest of the day as no one else had skied the snow. Fresh powder!
Lots of feet

Some feet
And just because I have an obsession with these kind of pictures. Don't ask me why, I don't even know myself. Anyone see their shoes? The pictures were taken about a month with entirely different people, except myself and one other friend of mine I believe. Well enough of that, onto the last subject of the day.

#cowgirlselfie
So I volunteer at this horse place, and on occasion I am allowed to ride. Huh, I had forgotten I was actually wearing a cowgirl hat. Now upon reflection, it was quite a sunny day, and yes cowgirl/boy hats are actually very efficient in keeping the sun out of your eyes.

Well that's all i've got for now, have a great summer! And enjoy the rest of the school year! ;)

Oh and thanks Mr. Parker for making me write this, it became quite enjoyable. It was an interesting experience that I won't forget!

Ingrid
Over & Out









No comments:

Post a Comment